Learning Navigation Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Electric Marine Discussions » All Aspects of Sailing » Navigation » Learning Navigation « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Ted Lavino
Username: tlavino

Post Number: 207
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Folks, Rose Point is doing a free online training session for their Coastal Navigation chartplotter software:

The seminar takes place May 22nd 5-7PM PDT.

You may download the Syllabus at: http://rosepointnav.com/Events/default.htm

-Just click the link below around 5pm on the day of the seminar-

Participant link: https://join.me/532-277-647
Nothing will be downloaded, but Flash is required on a PC or Mac.

Audio options:
No matter how you join the conference, everyone will be on the same audio call.

1. Conference call number:
Conference number: +1.415.464.6999
Conference ID: 532-277-647#
Are you outside the USA? Check the telephone tab for the latest international numbers.*

2. Join by internet:
You can join the audio conference by internet (VoIP) when you have entered the meeting.
Click on the phone icon in the join.me toolbar to connect. A small download might be required.

Ted Lavino
Username: Tlavino

Post Number: 433
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Mark, there is a Navigation thread in the Electricmarine Discussion Board All Aspects of Sailing. I moved your remarks regarding chart data into a subtopic there. Also moved the Learning Navigation topic there from Boat Systems. There are many sub-topics in the Navigation section-do you have any in mind that aren't yet created?

Mark Howe
Username: Unclemark

Post Number: 233
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post

David/Ted;
I'll bet you're going to say I should have started a new thread myself. Yeah, probably.
Sorry.
But there are some other good items elsewhere that should be put all together I think.

Mark Howe
Username: Unclemark

Post Number: 232
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post

David and Ted:
We have been posting a discussion on chart datum again. There are some other areas where this discussion is scattered about and perhaps some moderation is in order. Perhaps a Navigation section under boats or a separate nav section or ??
I was confused as to where to post and I think I would be unlikely to find the posts if I was perusing the site. Maybe others will have ideas.
Many thanks for all your good works.

David Sheriff
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

The best way to learn navigation is to take a class. In the South Orange County area that would be one of Mark's Saddleback classes.

I do get requests occasionally to help people learn to use their GPS or chartplotter software. In the Summer I'm swamped, so I can't do it. I'd like some people to refer others to. I think you can make on the order of $50/hour for a 1 on 1 class. Anyone interested in being on the reference list?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration