Adventures with La Mouette Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Electric Marine Discussions » All Aspects of Sailing » Adventures with La Mouette « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

David Sheriff
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 117
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Some of you will remember La Mouette, an Islander 28 which was in the Sea Scout DP fleet for over 10 years. That program has developed a taste for larger boats and I was fortunate to be able to buy the old girl last Summer. I post occasional articles on the Electric Marine host website at Oh God, I bought a Boat.

As the project involves seducing my wife, Julie, (whom I have given every reason to hate sailing) back onto the water, the boat has spent most of its time at the dock or tooling around LA harbor. I'm also using La Mouette as a platform to try out boat ideas no one has yet seen fit to pay me to accomplish. The latest project is a complete redo of the sanitation system including a 28 gallon (!) holding tank and a Wilcox-Crittenden Skipper head. The Skipper is just about the most expensive manually operated head you can buy, but it really works. I'm really fed up with heads that plug up, as I manage to recount on the website in nauseating (but informative) detail.

An aspect of the project involves guaranteeing aerobic conditions inside the holding tank to eliminate all odors. This involves an aquarium pump, as you might imagine. I can report unqualified success on the odor front, if you discount the faint bubbling sounds that lull you to sleep along with the motion of the hull.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration