Music and Video equipment Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Electric Marine Discussions » Boats (in general) » Music and Video equipment « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

David Sheriff
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I just got an email that asked: I'm looking for a CD player (no radio necessary) for my boat. I have had several Jensens "crap out", and I just want a cheap replacement. I have the waterproof cover for any size radio/CD player. Got any suggestions? Really don't want the combo radio/CD.

My reply: I'm looking for a bluetooth cellphone without a camera. I think we're both out of luck.

It's so cheap to add the "additional capability" that there's no incentive to make a simple device. I still can't easily work the six-year old radio-player in my van. Too many little buttons that all look alike designed by 26 year old engineers who can read the small labels. And purchased mostly by kids who think more features are better and with the time to play with them.

Finally, consider any A/V gear expendable. Essentially all boat A/V equipment is really designed for the auto market. None of it is built as well as a decent VHF radio. Keep it below and don't let water leak on it and it might survive. Mount it in the dash and its only a matter of time before it's dead. A "waterproof cover" doesn't help much if you ever have to open it on the water.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration