How to Forward Email and Register on ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Electric Marine Discussions » Saddleback College MST Seamanship Classes » How to Forward Email and Register on this Board « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Mark Howe
Username: unclemark

Post Number: 644
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

How to forward emails
application/pdfForwarding Emails
ForwardingEmailExchange.pdf (230.1 k)

Mark Howe

Post Number: 495
Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post

If you forget your password there is no way to get it back
You can either reregister with a new name or ask that your old username be removed so you can use it again.
Best policy is always to write down your password somewhere. (Or always use the same one)

Mark Howe

Post Number: 392
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hey all; pay attention to the wise words of Freulein Diane, below. I have leaked that this board may have answers to exam questions [for a short time] and you won't want to miss out.

Hello all you bright and shiny new students. Some of you will report having difficulty registering for this discussion board. You will not be able to post if you do not register, which could negatively impact your grade I suspect. But what do I know?

Oh well, I guess you need a refresher in following instructions. Here's the word from old Miss Diane:

Fish out the registration page from the Help/Instructions. Complete at least the top part and submit it. REMEMBER the PASSWORD you registered with. Write it down. No, really, write it down along with your cute little username. Indicate you want to be a member of the Saddleback group. Where else would you want to be?

The moderators will get an email saying you registered. If you do not look like a Russian Spammer, or at least not like a Russian spammer in black nylons with really straight seams, a moderator will approve your request to register. It was that nice Mr. Admin that approved mine. Apparently I didn't sound all that Slavic or Spamic or whatever they look for. Lordy knows my seams are rarely straight.

The board will send you an email telling you of your approval.

There is one more step a LOT of people forget. (They don't actually read the email that comes back from the board with their approval.) IMHO, they are so delirious at having made it they go out and get positively snookered.

You must click a link in the email and come back to the board and actually sign in. SIGN IN WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PASSWORD. I told you to write it down. And isn't that red just the cutest shade?

If you do not do this your status will be "awaiting activation" until some moderator takes pity on you and erases your registration. Then you can start again. If your registration is not erased, you will be prevented from using your old username. You can always register with a new username, but we don't want to overheat the brain now.

I just registered so how hard can it be? On bad days I can't remember from one end of a sentence to the other. I can't do much, but I can follow instructions. (I print them out and then check them off with a very sharp No. 2 pencil.) With your bright, young minds you should be able to follow these simple instructions PERfectly.

Love,

Miss Diane

Mark Howe

Post Number: 320
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post

The following is the official guide to where you can get help for Saddleback computer related questions/ problems:

USER SERVICES 949-582-4397
Email passwords
Computer Login passwords
MySite support
Wireless Access passwords

SHERI NELSON 949-582-4515
Blackboard support

ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS 949-582-4555
MySite passwords

I'm thinking the passwords for MySite and email and maybe computer logins are the same. I think you can also login to computers using your email address. If you have problems and get them solved, please post them here.

Mark Howe

Post Number: 312
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post

Anyone having trouble forwarding college email to your home and work pay close attention because it has been made needlessly difficult, and you only do it one time.

Assuming you are able to access MySite with your username and password, go to MyEmail and WebEmail using the same username and password unless you changed it. When you get the page that has all your junk email and spam you are in the right place. Select "options" on the top bar; select "settings"; put your email addresses in the box for "mail forwarding" and then "save changes".
Once you see how much crap you have in there you will realize how much spam the filters get rid of.

You can also change your password under "options" but Beware; if you change your password here, thinking it is only for your netscape email it may change your password for the entire system. Maybe that is a good thing for you, maybe not.

Registering for this board is easy. Select the "Register" link in the upper right corner of this screen and follow the instructions. Registration is simply to be sure we don't get spammed etc.
After you register, be sure to edit your profile. Select the "edit profile" link in the upper right corner of this screen and check the Saddleback Classes box, plus anything else you are interested in. You will then get notified when any new information comes up on the board.

Diane Worley
Username: arcy_faulto

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hello all you bright and shiny new students. Some of you will report having difficulty registering for this discussion board. You will not be able to post if you do not register, which could negatively impact your grade I suspect. But what do I know?

Oh well, I guess you need a refresher in following instructions. Here's the word from old Miss Diane:

Fish out the registration page from the Help/Instructions. Complete at least the top part and submit it. REMEMBER the PASSWORD you registered with. Write it down. No, really, write it down along with your cute little username. Indicate you want to be a member of the Saddleback group. Where else would you want to be?

The moderators will get an email saying you registered. If you do not look like a Russian Spammer, or at least not like a Russian spammer in black nylons with really straight seams, a moderator will approve your request to register. It was that nice Mr. Admin that approved mine. Apparently I didn't sound all that Slavic or Spamic or whatever they look for. Lordy knows my seams are rarely straight.

The board will send you an email telling you of your approval.

There is one more step a LOT of people forget. (They don't actually read the email that comes back from the board with their approval.) IMHO, they are so delirious at having made it they go out and get positively snookered.

You must click a link in the email and come back to the board and actually sign in. SIGN IN WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PASSWORD. I told you to write it down. And isn't that red just the cutest shade?

If you do not do this your status will be "awaiting activation" until some moderator takes pity on you and erases your registration. Then you can start again. If your registration is not erased, you will be prevented from using your old username. You can always register with a new username, but we don't want to overheat the brain now.

I just registered so how hard can it be? On bad days I can't remember from one end of a sentence to the other. I can't do much, but I can follow instructions. (I print them out and then check them off with a very sharp No. 2 pencil.) With your bright, young minds you should be able to follow these simple instructions PERfectly.

Love,

Miss Diane

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration