Coves on Laguna Coast Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Electric Marine Discussions » Places to go, things to do. » Coves on Laguna Coast « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Ted Lavino
Username: Tlavino

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi Mark, some book search engines I use, which can search by author, title, publisher, topic, ISBN, etc.:

www.addall.com
www.allbookstores.com
www.alibris.com
www.bookpool.com (specializes in technical books)

Marc Hughston
Username: Hughston

Post Number: 130
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 09:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Reply to Charles who asked:

"Does your chart guide have a ISBN number? I was thinking of searching for a copy on the net."

Charles,

The no. is ISBN 0-938206-15-X. I've never done that kind of search - do you just use the number or refine the search in some other way?

Marc

Marc Hughston
Username: Hughston

Post Number: 129
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 08:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Susie and I have been discussing the location and names of the coves north of Main Beach, and her first rendition of the layout was on a cocktail napkin. I chose not to use that napkin while conducting my Basic Cruising 2 class from OCC, and we ended up anchoring in Emerald Bay for lunch. I didn't have my Chart Guide with me at the time, and the coastal charts of the area, the ones I have anyway, do not give the names of the coves.

So I dug up my old Chart Guide (now out of print) and scanned the image you see below (I added the red arrows). Now I have proof that we did anchor in Emerald.

laguna coast

Quoting Susie: "Cresent cove is the cove just past Seal Rock, then it's Shaws, Boat canyon, divers cove, rock pile and Main. Irvine and emerald are 2 seperate coves. Irvine has an arch you can walk through (west side) at low tide that takes you to another very little, private, cozy cove."

Thanks Susie. Next time we'll drop the hook in Shaws. Emerald was pretty lumpy from the West swell.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration