Island Packers Channel Islands Day Trip Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Electric Marine Discussions » Places to go, things to do. » Island Packers Channel Islands Day Trip « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Marc Hughston
Username: Hughston

Post Number: 183
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

I'm taking 2 Channel Islands day trips the first weekend in October, one to Santa Rosa and one to Anacapa. Actually, we're making a family weekend of it and we'll be staying in Santa Barbara Friday and Saturday nights, October 1 and 2.

My mission is to gather more video images of these two islands for use in other projects. It occurred to me that having other people along might be more fun.

Is anyone else interested in going? Here's the plan.

SANTA ROSA ISLAND
On Friday, October 1, I'm taking an Island Packers boat out of Ventura for a day trip to Santa Rosa. My mission is doing a little exploration, and getting some video from on shore.

This is not a sailing trip. It's a two and a half hour crossing by power boat from Ventura, starting at 8:00 AM. Arrive Santa Rosa 10:30, hike and explore until 4:00, return to Ventura 6:30 PM. Island Packers fare is $62.00

EAST ANACAPA
Saturday, October 2, Barb and Kate and I will take the Anacapa Exress from Oxnard at 1:30, and spend about 3 hours hiking around East Anacapa. Island Packers fare for this one is $32.00

Here's a link to Island Packers: http://www.islandpackers.com/ Let me know if anyone wants to go a maybe we can coordinate a carpool.

Marc Hughston

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration