Santa Rosa Island Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Electric Marine Discussions » Places to go, things to do. » Santa Rosa Island « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Ted Lavino
Username: Tlavino

Post Number: 434
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 07:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

From what I understand the park service is trying to remove the animals because they are not native to the island. Its part of an ongoing effort to roll back the presence of non-native plants and animals on the islands, much like the removal of buffalo from Catalina.

Mark Howe
Username: Unclemark

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Anyone know anything about this?? News just broke on the NRA news this afternoon. I had previously heard they might open it up to Veterans for hunting. [??]

Roosevelt Elk and Kaibab Mule Deer Saved from Slaughter on Santa Rosa Island

Sportsmen and wildlife scored a critical victory last week when House and Senate negotiators approved a provision in the 2007 Defense Authorization Act that saves the herds of elk and mule deer on Santa Rosa Island from the court-ordered eradication that was to begin in 2008 and be completed by 2011.
Read More - let me know and I'll find the link.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration