San Francisco to Santa Cruz Delivery ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Electric Marine Discussions » New Thoughts » San Francisco to Santa Cruz Delivery April 13 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Marc Hughston
Username: hughston

Post Number: 822
Posted on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

SF to Santa Cruz Hbr Delivery - continued

Just in case anyone is keeping up, we have crew and we are set to depart Marina Bay in Point Richmond at 05:00 on Saturday the 13th, bound for Santa Cruz Harbor.

This will be the E-Cubed delivery: Eric Stoller, Eric Gritzmacher, and Eric Walther, plus Theresa, Lucas, and me. We're going to get ourselves up to Marina Bay, sail down, and head home. That's the plan anyway. Here's the latest correspondence.

"To Stolles and Lucas re ProMo Delivery
Let me know if this works for everyone re getting up to Point Richmond at Marina Bay:
* Stolles: meet me at the Enterprise RAC in Watsonville at 5:00 on Friday.
* T drives my car to the SCruz Hbr in caravan with Eric S, and Lucas drives along or meets us there while I drive the rental van.
* We all park at SCruz Hbr, with (3) permits from Pacific Sailing (TBA).
* Load the van at the harbor, and I'll drive us to Point Richmond.

Lucas: Sounds like Andrew from WM Alameda will be able to return the van to Enterprise between 9-1 on Saturday. He needs to present his Drivers License and Credit Card (no charge, just basic qualification as a driver) to Enterprise before doing so to make him legal. That part with the Credit Card is important to Enterprise, and necessary for him to drive the van back to their office.

Weather forecast looks OK at this moment, NW winds to 25 on Saturday. That will be good on the way down. The harbor bar may be a bit rough given the ebb against the north westerly on the way out, but our planned departure is at the calmest time for wind. If in doubt, we will head back in.

Keep in touch."

David Sheriff
Board Administrator
Username: admin

Post Number: 350
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2013 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Not this time, Marc. But we never know. Not planning to part with my gear or foulies.

my best from landlocked Idaho.

DavidFlowing water out my back door

Marc Hughston
Username: hughston

Post Number: 821
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post

Hi All,

I have a delivery on the schedule to get ProMotion from Point Richmond's Marina Bay Harbor in the SF Bay, down to Santa Cruz Harbor beginning Saturday night the 13th of April approx 11:00 PM. The transit is about 14 hrs + or -, and about 70 NM from the Golden Gate, which we will pass under on the way.

ProMotion is a Santa Cruz 40, West Marine's own boat, and she's light and fast. It's going to be hard to get sleep in the conditions we are likely to experience. She is wet on deck, and below. There will be no double espressos or martinis, but we have a good shot at hot coffee. Espresso Eric?

We also have a good shot at flying the chute depending on conditions as we get south of Half Moon Bay.

I just got the word so I am putting this together now. More details to follow, including adjustments to the departure time.

Interested? Please let me know.

Best regards,

Marc Hughston
Mobile: 949-939-8123
Email: HughstonMarc@gmail.com
www.AnchoringAtCatalina.com
www.SantanaSailing.com

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration